Friday, August 30, 2013

Summer Favorites

What a crazy week this has been! Early mornings, fresh new students, fun but loooong days, and a few late nights have me feeling totally spent. Thank goodness it's a long weekend ahead. Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer (where did the time go?!) so I've been thinking back on the last few months, remembering some of my favorite moments. We got through most of my summer to-do list, went on an adventure to the Grand Canyon, enjoyed a mini-getaway in Mexico and spent a wonderful week at my parents', but I think my favorite summer moments were the simple weekly rituals that developed at home. Here are a few of my favorite happenings from Summer 2013.

Nearly every summer evening after work, the three of us have taken a walk together. Sometimes Flavio and I talk about our days. Sometimes we just enjoy the evening light. 


The sunsets this summer have been stunning!  Monday brought this beauty:

We've enjoyed many of the sunsets over evening drinks on our porch, thus starting our new tradition of Happy Hour at Home.  This week we mixed up more Dark 'n' Stormys and deemed them our Official Summer Drink of 2013.


I spent a big chunk of the last few months teaching online and every day, Guiri would faithfully sit at my feet as I spent hours typing away. It was nice to have such adorable company.

This time of year brings some of my favorite fruits and berries, which make for excellent desserts. Here, here and here are some of the fruity summer treats I baked this season. Last night we went on a date, dined al fresco in this non-fresco weather (it's been insanely hot and humid here), and then came home for ice-cold blueberry smoothies. Sometimes the simplest desserts are the best.

Summer, I will miss you.

I hope you have a fun (long!) weekend. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)