Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunny

The main reason I like this space, my little neck of the internet woods, is because it helps me keep track of what makes me happy, and noting the happy bring me joy. My blog has inadvertently become my gratitude journal, and I think that's why I love coming back here. Today I have major gratitude. It's been a swampy, cloudy, busy Monday and I was feeling sort of overwhelmed by my new schedule and just the usual hectic rush of the first week of school - but I came home this afternoon to find a big box of sunshine on my porch. There are few things more exciting than coming home to an unexpected package on your doorstep, no? When we were visiting my parentals, I mentioned that my beloved but ancient red stand mixer had finally kicked the bucket back in March, and since then, I have had to either avoid or modify certain recipes because baking without a stand mixer is not as fun. I explained that I was saving for a yellow KitchenAid Pro 600 Series, the mother of all mixers, and totally my dream appliance. And friends, that's exactly what my mom sent!!!  I am over the moon, beyond surprised, and couldn't be more thankful. Isn't she a beaut?!  I named her Sunshine, Sunny for short, and whipped up my favorite 36-hour Chocolate Chip Cookies to break her in. Sunny is magnificent, and made the most gorgeous whirring (or purring?) sound as she creamed butter and sugar. Get ready to see lots more of this pretty lady on the bloggy blog. What a generous and special gesture. I know I will enjoy her for many years to come.

Thank you, mamacita.
{whirrrrrr}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)