Friday, August 16, 2013

Reasons I love my parents' house

We're having a wonderful time in Vegas and I declare: I don't want to leave! There is something so rejuvenating about being here, and it's been great to spend quality time with my parents. Flavio and I have done all the Vegas-y stuff at least 100 times so we rarely head to The Strip. Instead, we stay holed up in my parents' air-conditioned abode (it is 106 degrees! today), in a state of total relaxation. Some things I love about being at my parents' house:
  1. Long talks with my dad over tea, where he tells funny stories and effortlessly imparts little bits of wisdom.
  2. Their ginormous TV with every cable channel possible and Roku box. There have been many a Breaking Bad,  Nat Geo, and HGTV marathon. We don't have cable at home, so we sit in the glow of their Sony in total awe.
  3. The fact that for some reason I sleep better at my parents' than anywhere else. I think it's because I don't have a care in the world when here, and that the room is dark, cool, and so comfortable. 
  4. Their collection of every type of red wine imaginable, new bottles tasted daily.
  5. The way my mom sweetly overstocks the fridge because she knows we're coming.
  6. Making homemade ice cream with my dad to beat the heat. 
  7. Evening walks to see all the bunnies and quail around their house.
  8. Riding around the neighborhood on my parents' golf cart.
  9. Visits to all my parents' favorite restaurants, where the staff are friends and my parents are treated like royalty.
  10. The way my parents spoil all of us - especially Guiri, their granddog.
And most of all, having precious time with our wonderful parents. It's just lovely here.
{cuties on wheels}

{homemade strawberry ice cream}
{out and about}
{jackpot!}
{too much fun}
{flora and fauna}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)