Thursday, August 1, 2013

Houseguests

My friend from college is staying with us tonight and I can't wait to catch up with her and put our guest room to use! She's only here for one night en route to an adventure in Mexico, but it will be fun to have a visitor. One of my many secret dream jobs is to open a bed & breakfast, so this is a chance to practice my hospitality management. ;) Here are a few of my favorite tips for having houseguests...

1. Put a bottle of water, fresh flowers, and a scented candle with matches on the guest's night stand.

2. Have your visitor's favorite beverage or treat on hand. For my brother, it's beer and/or cookies. For my best friend, it's champagne. My friend Laura loves a good cocktail, so I'll be mixing up something fun tonight.

3. Most importantly, make sure you've actually slept in the guest room so you know if it's comfortable, too hot, too much morning light, etc. That way, you can add a fan, curtains, etc. if necessary.

I'd love to hear any of your tips in the comments.

{photo via}

2 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of toilet paper in the bathroom, because there is nothing worse than hving to ask at someone else's house! Awkward!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)