Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dark 'n' Stormy


The weather this week is in full sun-shiney bloom and to celebrate, nothing beats a refreshing cocktail on our porch. I love ginger-flavored beverages (make mine a moscow mule, please!) and when a friend ordered a Dark 'n' Stormy at a recent happy hour, I knew I had to learn how to make these gingery-limey libations at home. In all my years, I had never heard of a Dark 'n' Stormy. From what I gather from 5 seconds of internet research, this is the drink of those who yacht on The Cape and who own a home in Bermuda. So, it may belong to fancy East Coast folks, but requires 3 non-fancy ingredients, no special hardware, and is ready in mere minutes. I used this recipe, but made it with equal parts rum and ginger beer, and added a whole lot of extra lime juice (3 wedges squeezed in, 1wedge dropped in, plus I lined the rim of the glass with lime - the lime balances the sweetness). I will be adding these fizzy, Bermudian delights into our summer rotation.

Cheers to my best friend in Boston, the Chooch! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)