Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer To-Do

{last summer, Ensenada, Mex.}
I accepted a last-minute offer to teach summer school online and will be teaching a couple classes at SDSU, and while I love my job and am happy for the opportunities, it won't be the lazy summer I was envisioning. I start classes this Thursday! When I get busy with work, I forget to make plans and then find myself in an evening/weekend routine that involves little more than the couch and movies.  I love a good list, and to make sure summer doesn't fly by without proper celebration, I'm making note of some of the things I'd like to do in the next few months.
  1. Attend a Summer Pops concert under the stars with wine, cheese, a blanket and my love
  2. Do something fun to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary
  3. Have friends over for a champagne and oyster-shucking party (and consequently learn how to shuck oysters)
  4. CrossFit 3xs a week so I can enjoy summer-y treats and spirits without guilt
  5. Take a day trip out of town. Maybe Puerto Nuevo for lobster
  6. Dine al fresco whenever possible
  7. Try out some new summer salad recipes, like this one and this one
  8. Take after-dinner walks, at least a few times per week
  9. Spend more time with my parents
  10. Do an end-of the summer cleaning and donate old items and clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)