Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Weekending, Cinco de Mayo

The weekend was chilled out with fiesta, friends and family - as Cinco de Mayo should be.

Saturday evening we had a couple friends over for a very relaxed dinner (ribs) and margaritas. I spent the morning baking and it was so great to have some time in the kitchen. I hadn't baked in forever (like a month!) and as usual, it calmed and centered me. I chopped chocolate and beat eggs while singing in Spanish to Caifanes and Mana. It was heaven.

Sunday we ran a bazillion errands with Guiri in tow and then had my mother-in-law over for a proper carne asada. The dinner was in celebration of Flavio's grandfather's birthday and not in honor of Cinco de Mayo. You know Mexicans don't really celebrate Cinco de Mayo, right? :) Flavio's grandpa was a professional soccer player for Mexico, and he passed away a couple years ago. We found this Wikipedia on him, which was pretty cool. After our taco-licious dinner, we all snuggled on the couches and watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi, a fantastic documentary about an 85-year-old sushi master, his 3-star Michelin restaurant, and his dreams of perfection and self-improvement. It is so beautiful - I highly recommend it. And I've been dying for sushi since.

I was busy enjoying the company, so I didn't get as many photos as I'd like, but here are a few I did snag...
{chopping chocolate}
{margs, chips - Cuatro de Mayo}
{ribs - Cuatro de Mayo}
{Guiri - running errands}
{Sunday night snuggles - movie, wine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)