Monday, April 1, 2013

From Cupcakes to CrossFit

Out of Shape Woman Does CrossFit, Likes It

This just in: I went back to CrossFit this morning. It was a beating. And I liked it.

I got up at the crack of dawn to pay some buffster coach to force me to lift weights, do lunges, lift weights while doing lunges, run 800 meters, do more lunges, and do an unjustified amount of air squats. There were 4 of us in the session, and I was by far the worst. I don't care. CrossFit workouts make me feel like I'm going to puke, which makes me feel weak, but that barf-y feeling also makes me feel empowered. For the rest of the day I felt like if I could survive the morning, I could do anything. To prove it, I climbed a mountain. Okay, so maybe I didn't climb the whole mountain - my legs were tired.
{Cowles Mountain, San Diego}
Current Stats:
Weight: 143.6 lbs.
Body Mass Index: 22.5% (I used this calculator, not sure how accurate it is.)
Waist: 31.0 inches
Hip: 40.5 inches

I'll report back May 1st with new stats. In the meantime, mainly Paleo/Primal diet (with some alcohol, date night exceptions), and CrossFit 3xs a week. Yay for A Spring of Self-Improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)