Friday, April 12, 2013

Death & Taxes

We had our fair share of frustration today. Turns out we owe a chunk of money to the IRS for taxes. WTF. Prior to this unfortunate news, I was busy counting my chickens before they hatch, planning to spend our (now non-existent) tax returns on an anniversary trip or a down payment on a new car. Grrr. I felt like curling up in a ball and not leaving the couch, but instead I'm focusing my energy on being grateful for what we do have. I'm trying to see this as a life lesson: Besides the whole counting my chickens business, I also realize that I can make a conscious (albeit somewhat challenging) decision to change my perspective. It's helping. And so are all these flowers blooming outside our house. They smell like jasmine. Happy spring weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)