Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gripes, be gone!


This meme, GO 24 HOURS WITHOUT COMPLAINING, has been floating around Facebook. Seemed like a worthy challenge, especially during my first week back at work after spring break. As of yesterday at 3:ooPM , I have not uttered a single complaint. And guess what? It has been awesome. When I get the urge to gripe about something, like how tired I am, or how sore I am from CrossFit ;), I keep my mouth shut and redirect the conversation to something positive and uplifting. Here's what I've realized: I complain a lot (ha! :), not complaining leads to happier conversations I might not have had otherwise, and when you don't complain you forget all about the complaint 5 seconds later. In sociology we teach that perspective is everything. When you change your words, you change your perspective. It's powerful! I seriously had a much cheerier outlook today. I'm feeling liberated and inspired to keep the non-complaining going. Wanna join me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)