Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Spring of Self-Improvement

{Monarch visitor to our house. Spring is metamorphosis time!}
Our financial fast ends this Saturday and Flavio and I declare the following:

We feel pretty great about the whole enterprise and don't want to see it end.

I'm looking forward to writing a complete reflection on the fast soon but in the meantime, I'll just say it's been an awesome exercise in mindfulness. We're going to keep the fast going beyond Lent with a less-strict version. I'd highly recommend a financial fast for all.

In the spirit of mindfulness (and because I love projects), I have another declaration:

Let this be a Spring of Self-Improvement! A spring cleaning for the house, body, and spirit.

In addition to keeping our financial fast going, we're/I'm welcoming spring with the following challenges:

** Major spring cleaning of our house. Donating and getting rid of stuff. Inspired by this article.

** 30 days of Paleo/Primal eating: April 1- 30. We like to do 30 days of paleo a couple times a year to re-examine what we're eating. We notice that when we're not eating grains, we tend to eat more veggies and whole foods.

** I'm doing it. I am going back to CrossFit. Reason: Winter brought a steady diet of wine and baked goods, and I need to wear a bathing suit in public soon. I start April 1. Eeeks!

Let the self-improvement continue...

{My husband at CrossFit. This will be me in 30 days.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)