Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Cold + Hot Pea Soup

I'm feeling a little under the weather today. A tickle in my throat. A run in my nose. An ache in my joints. But, I wanted to come by and say hello. I promise I won't breathe on you.


I blame this wacky San Diego weather (um, it's been raining  today!); and my students and their summer colds; and the fact that I've been operating at 110% capacity for about 80% of the time for the last couple weeks. I just need a quiet evening in...or three. I also need hot liquids poured down my gullet, stat. Normally, I'd ask Flavio to make his famous Magic Hot Toddy, or to pick me up a bowl of #18 pho, but he's working late, which means it's just Guiri and me. Just a couple of bitches and their Le Creuset. :)


The easiest soup recipe I know of (besides Maruchan Ramen Noodles) is this Spanish Pea Soup from my girl, Ina Garten. It is so quick and cozy. I add extra garlic and top it with Ina's no-fail roast bacon. Ah, I feel better already.

Us ladies are off to eat soup and watch Bridget Jones.

Back soon. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)