Monday, July 29, 2013

Best Ever Blueberry Muffins


I realize I'm making a bold statement, but: these are the Best Ever Blueberry Muffins. At least that I've ever made. The cake is moist and tender, bursting with blueberries, and the tops are freckled with a simple butter-sugar streusel. They're super quick to throw together and the only thing that stops me from making them more often is the waistband of my pants. The original recipe here is for blueberry muffin tops, an homage to this hilarious Seinfeld episode, but I've always just followed the recipe exactly making them as regular muffins (with "stumps"), and they are perfect. Since blueberries are in season, I whipped up a batch for breakfast on Sunday. There is nothing cozier than these bejeweled beauties, good coffee, and a pajama-clad movie marathon on a weekend morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)