Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Strawberry Bubbles


It's been a hectic week. It's Wednesday. The weather today is grey and gloomy. I'm in need of something simple, fruity and fizzy. Cue: the Strawberry Muddle. My love for champagne-based cocktails is eternal (hence the ode to Bubbly in the title of this blog), but when I'm making drinks, I prefer a no-muss, no-fuss, no-special-hardware cocktail. I made these last week for our Happy Hour at Home (which is becoming our Wednesday evening tradition) and loved them. They will be made again this evening after work, and enjoyed on our porch. The original recipe here requires more work and more sugar than I like. So, I adapted the drink to my tastes by skipping the whole simple syrup step and instead adding just a teaspoon of superfine sugar (available at most supermarkets) to each glass before muddling. This drink is everything a summer cocktail should be - bubbly, cold, lightly sweet, citrusy, and super easy to make.

Besos! xoxo

PS - Good news. According to this Forbes article, bubbly boosts brain power. Bottoms up!

{photo via}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)