Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekending

It was a weekend full of family and fun.

A Friday night Padres v. Dodgers game with my parents and brother. I'm usually more interested in the concession stand than what's happening on the field (baseball can be so slow), but it was a lively game in great seats, a Padres home run, fireworks (humph!), a Padres win, and a hilarious group sitting near us who heckled players and fans alike. Perfect summer night.
{Petco Park}
{heckled for taking a pic}
We spent Saturday with my parents at brunch, Coronado, and then a happy hour. We said goodbye to them that night, which is always hard; we likely won't see them till August.  I always fall into a post-parents funk, missing them, so Flavio and I stayed in and cooked and had a Mad Men marathon (we're moving into season 5 and god, it keeps getting better and better).
{walk with mom, bougainvillea}
{Coronado, summer}
{attempted family photo. Guiri wouldn't sit still}
Sunday evening my mother-in-law came over for dinner. We made this meatloaf, which I've blogged about before, and which is so perfect for company because it's fast to whip up and better than any meatloaf you've ever had. My M.I.L raved about it. Makes great sandwiches the next day, too.

{Sunday dinner}
{meatloaf, salad}
We wrapped up the weekend with a night walk to admire the big, low, yellow supermoon. Supermoon for a superweekend. (cheesy. sorry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)