Thursday, June 6, 2013

Glamping

I love camping and am pretty used to roughing it, but by the end of our last camping trip to the Grand Canyon, I was struggling with a need for some girly pampering. I had my dry shampoo (a life saver when camping!) but by day 5 without washing my hair and sweating under my bandanna, my head was covered in a matted tangled straw I could barely brush. My skin was glazed in a grime of sunscreen, bug spray, sweat and dirt and I spent mornings using facial cleansing towelettes all over my body to try to get some of the crud off. By day 5 of being dirty, I was daydreaming about a long, hot bath and a massage. I was daydreaming about glamping.

We were lucky enough to glamp on our trip to Kenya in 2007. After roughing it there for about a month, we splurged on 4 fabulous nights at Little Governors' Camp in the Masai Mara. It was amazing to sleep tented, but with all the pampering one could imagine. Below is a pic of Little Governors', as well as some of my dream glamping destinations. Ahh, nature on a silver platter...

{Little Governors' Camp, Masai Mara}





{top photo via, all other photos via}
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)