Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Go-To Smoothie


Southern California seems to be in a juicing craze; I'm pretty sure everyone and their grandma has a NutriBullet. And I totally understand the trend. Juicing is quick, tasty, slimming and healthy. But for me, a good old fashioned smoothie-in-the-blender is all those same things, and it keeps me full. I have a few smoothie recipes I like, but here's my basic go-to:

Summer Breakfast Smoothie

1 cup cold almond milk
1 frozen banana, pre-sliced into chunks
1 small handful fresh coconut meat (I buy the little containers at Whole Foods)
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 tablespoon honey (optional, but better with it)

Combine in a blender until smooth. Summer breakfast is served.

You could dress this baby up with berries, cocoa powder, flax seeds, etc. but I like it just like this.

{Photo via}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)