Friday, June 14, 2013

Freestyle Friday

How is it already Friday?  I'm definitely not complaining, but I'm also not sure where this week went.  I am on a self-imposed blogging schedule where I try to get on here 5 times a week, but this week was busy with work, a happy hour, after dinner walks, lots of Mad Men, and general relaxation and I'm definitely not complaining about any of that, so blogging was sporadic. I'm hoping the chilled out vibe continues into the weekend.

I don't particularly have anything of note to say on here today, but wanted to come on and freestyle it. That means, I'm not letting myself edit. Just enjoying my latte at Twiggs while I type whatever comes to mind. Here goes...

{my beloved Twiggs}
What are you guys up to this weekend? I'm hoping we go see a movie, maybe Gatsby. I'm in the mood for some campy Baz Luhrmann and I'm always in the mood for some Leo.  I know a trip to the movies doesn't sound particularly groundbreaking, but we haven't been in ages! I can't even remember the last thing we saw, and it's one of our favorite things to do. I gotta say, Flavio and I have had the weirdest experiences at movie theatres. The people are so unpredictable. And crazy. We always seem to sit by a weird laugher, or a loud chewer, or a nail filer, or a snorer, or a talker. When we were in Spain we sat by some guy who loudly blew on every piece of popcorn before eating it. So bizarre. Also, what are your thoughts on people who clap after a movie? I think it's sort of funny and sweet, but Flav hates it and gets tetchy when people start to clap. I mean, I get his annoyance - the actors aren't there, so it is a bit bewildering. Who are they really applauding?  It doesn't bother me one bit, and I always tell him to stop being such a grump about it. Final word on the subject: My favorite movie theatre is the world is Cinepolis Luxury Cinema. You order food and adult beverages from a touch screen and waiters carrying little flashlights bring sushi, sangria or other treats TO YOUR SEAT while you lounge in huge cozy chairs and enjoy the movie. The food is actually delish (think quesadillas, sliders, etc.) and friends, the whole experience is simply heaven. But be warned, once you go to Cinepolis, you're spoiled and other "regular" theatres will feel so ghetto. Anyway, if we go to a movie, and if we sit by a weirdo, and if people clap, I'll tell you all about it.

Alright, I need to do some work. Thank you for bearing with me through this nonsense transmission. Actual posts coming up soon.

Happy Friday. :)

PS: When I said on Wednesday that posts would be free of contrivance, this is not what I meant. Future posts will have more thought and organization. It's just that I'm vibrating on coffee, and wanted to say hi, and I couldn't stop my fingers from typing.

{Twiggs photo via}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)