Monday, October 14, 2013

8 Things About Me

On Friday I linked to the article 8 Things Every Happy Woman Should Have, and got to thinking about my own answers. At first I thought the questions were silly.  I mean, a "go-to drink" seems to trivialize true elements of happiness - you know, like meaningful relationships, health, kindness, and gratitude. But as I started thinking about my answers, I realized maybe the bigger point behind the article is to know thyself and to love thyself - because your unique 8 things make you...you! I suspect some of my answers will change in years to come, so I'm putting them in my time capsule (aka blog) to look back upon some day. 


A go-to drink

Champagne or anything bubbly-based - I love a good French 75.

A go-to Karaoke song

There are many, but I love to do Salt-N-Pepa's 'Shoop'

A uniform

Love a belted dress, boots or heels, and a scarf. Pretty much wear this 5 days/week. Rarely wear pants - I feel like me in a dress. LOVE tights in the fall/winter (see cartoon - it's me every morning this time of year. Ha!).
A hair stylist they love

Jan Wilson - my hair stylist, my Thai mom, witness at our wedding, and one of my all around favorite people on earth.

An exercise routine

CrossFit, 3-4xs/week

A hobby

Baking, reading, movies, and now blogging.

A best friend

Shauna, my best friend and spirit animal of 22 years. Flavio is also my best friend. And so is Guiri. :)

A healthy sense of self

Still a work in progress. I am on the verge of turning 33 and am currently focusing on surrounding myself with positive people and energy, doing things that make me happy and healthy, and realizing the only opinion of me that matters in my own.

2 comments:

  1. One of the reasons I love reading your blog is because I find out something new about you with every post. You are a very interesting person. Keep up the good work. : )

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)