Sunday, September 22, 2013

Weekending

So, Friday I was feeling sort of weak and blamed it on my low carb intake. That night we enjoyed our rom-com marathon and even threw in a third movie, It's a Disaster (streaming on Netflix - I recommend it), but that whole day I was just feeling...off. Saturday morning I woke up achy, coughing, sneezing and generally miserable. I inherited the wicked cold that previously belonged to Flavio, so basically the weekend looked like this:


Except there were a lot more tissues and the accompanying cacophonous soundtrack of me hacking and whining - We were supposed to go to our friends' for a bacon-wrapped-scallops dinner party on Saturday and hang out at Heights Tavern for football Sunday, and I was vocally bitter about not being able to do the fun things we had planned. I hate the way being sick slows you down. Wahh! Anyway, the convalescence wasn't all bad. Flav brought me cheery yellow roses and I got some good couch time in. I ate a ton of The Best Chicken Soup...Ever, snuggled with my two faves, watched a whole lot of movies, and slept and slept. I think I'm on the mend. I'm not calling in sick tomorrow, so hopefully I wake up sniffle free.

PS: My fear of Calling In Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)