Friday, September 6, 2013

Double Rainbow



I am not an early bird but my new schedule has me up before the crack of dawn, Monday - Friday. This morning I felt exhausted, dark clouds made our usually sunny house dim, so clutching my coffee, I dragged my drowsy, grumpy self out to the car to head to class. Upon pulling out of the driveway, I looked up to see a bright double rainbow! And a small flock of white birds flying in front. I screeched on the breaks, jumped out of the car, snapped a photo, and ran inside to get Flavio. The two of us stood on the porch admiring it, and the whole experience made me inexplicably happy. Rainbows are a rarity here - I can't remember the last time I saw one - so the colorful arches made this morning feel special and different and as a consequence, the whole day felt magical.  I've decided it was symbolic: After a long week, it was a bright reminder to open my eyes, cheer up, and celebrate the beauty all around. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)