Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Gems from the Web

Sometimes when I should be working (like right now), I find myself sucked into the interwebs, fascinated by articles, essays, videos, and Tumblrs. I've found some good stuff online lately, and wanted to share it with you in case you too are procrastinating, or are just in a link-reading mood. Here are some of my favorite gems from the web:
  1. On this somber day, I think we should honor 9/11's heroes. This woman's story about her boss is so touching.
  2. This dad's fantastic essay brought tears to my eyes.
  3. 12 things successful women do differently.
  4. Awesome people reading.
  5. An important piece in Elle about women and ambition. It's been on my mind since I read it.
  6. Words to know, like cataglottism ("French kissing") and farctate ("the state of being overstuffed with food; having overeaten").
  7. The most touching StoryCorps ever: Danny & Annie still make me cry.
  8. Martha Stewart doesn't give a damn and neither should you.
  9. Hilarious things to keep in mind if you're having a bad day.
  10. I'm usually a heel girl, but have been debating whether to buy these flats. Is $180 too much for leopard print? Probably.
{This photo is not really related to the post, but I love the way the light comes in to our kitchen in the morning.
Flowers, Sept. 11, 2013}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)