Friday, February 22, 2013

My Mom's Best Marriage Advice



Flavio and I have been together for 12 years. Whaat?!! Crazytown. And like any couple that's been together forever, you start getting lazy. We've got at least 50 years ahead of us and I want to keep the sparks flying, so we're going back to the best marriage advice my mom ever gave me: Go on a date night once a week.

My man is on board and we're starting today.

But this time we're doing things a little differently. This week, we're meeting AT the restaurant. Why, you ask? Because when we get home from work and get ready to go out together, we're usually in a rush to walk and feed the dog, put on deodorant, put on make-up, change clothes, I get in my Spanx and Flavio sees all my Victoria's no-longer-Secret underwear, Flavio brushes, gargles and spits and, alas... Marriage trumps Romance.

To change things up and set the tone for romance, we're meeting @ Alexander's in North Park for a post-work Italian dinner. I'm excited to get dressed up alone, spot him across the candlelit room, maybe at the bar, walk up and give him a kiss, and rekindle our courting days, once a week. Amore!

PS. We budgeted weekly date nights into our financial fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)