Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekending, quick notes

Although there aren't photos to prove it, this was maybe the best weekend we've had lately. Last Thursday I was feeling anxious about having too much planned/being over-committed (I need downtime scheduled in, too), but from Friday - Sunday, we were on the move and in the end, we had a lot of fun and it made the weekend seem longer. Some highlights:

:: Some of my students were in a play, so it was fun to go see their talent and support them in their production of Balm In Gilead.

:: We pretended we were in Vietnam/France and went to Zion Market for their "Paris Baguette" pastries with friends. (Note to self: Friends report the coffee is amazing there. When we're back on the juice, I can't wait to try it. Pastries divine - like those we had in Paris.)

:: We partied at a BBQ on Saturday night.

:: I was a wee hungover Sunday and woke to the smell of bacon as Flav surprised me with breakfast - sweet!

:: We're sort of getting into Friday Night Lights and we binge-watched in pajamas Sunday morning - Flav is really into it - I'm sort of a fan. Reminds me of high school culture in El Centro.

:: We celebrated Jan's birthday with wine and delicious Thai food Sunday night.

Even though we were out late last night, I woke up this morning feeling oddly refreshed. Nothing got done at home this weekend, but who needs clean clothes, anyway?

{Sunday morning chef}
{paleo pancake breakfast a la Flav}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)