Sunday, December 22, 2013

Weekending

The weekend: merry and bright.

I've been starting every morning (and afternoon) with a cup of my favorite holiday tea.

And tea must be followed up with a leftover cookie...or three.

Friday, Flav became a US citizen! I wasn't able to attend his swearing-in ceremony because I was giving my last final, but such a momentous occasion couldn't go by without proper celebration.

So we went out for pickle marys and Saturday morning brunch at my new favorite spot, Great Maple.
{I love a giant pickle!}
Guiri was showered in gifts this weekend by her uncles, and she always buries her most prized possessions. We caught her hiding her bone under the Christmas tree. Silly goose.
{the ornament on her head makes her look like a behatted Christmas elf}
We went to a couple of great holiday parties, including a white elephant (we won movie tickets - woot!), and a Christmas Soups party on Saturday, where the hosts made 12 different kinds of delicious soup - how fun is that?!
{white elephant}
Saturday night our friends treated us to Holiday Pops at the San Diego Symphony. It was a magical night filled with sounds of the season, including an all-audience carol sing-along (I brought the house down with my vocal contributions) and a snow finale!!! New Year's resolution: attend more cultural happenings. My favorite song of the night was "Somewhere in My Memory" - the song from Home Alone. Sung by the San Diego childrens' choir, it gave me chills. I love the lyrics: "Precious moments, special people, happy faces, Christmas joys all around me...feeling that gingerbread feeling." It pretty much sums up this weekend.
{snow!} 
We're off to the dog park and then for a hot chocolated drive around Christmas Circle to see the lights. Gingerbread feeling, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)