Friday, December 20, 2013

Angel Thumbprints


Angel thumbprints remind me of childhood. They are my family's signature Christmas cookie and I have sweet memories of punching my little thumb into the dough and helping fill the presses with multicolored jams and chocolate bits. Yesterday, as I listened to the rain fall, I baked a big batch to give as gifts and as I rolled, thumbprinted, and filled, I couldn't help but get a little reflective about 2013. I found myself appreciative of a good year  - a year that in 2012, I was sure would bring the accompanying bad luck of the ominous number thirteen. For now, 2014 looks like it might be a year of change. Flavio started a new position and became a US citizen today (go Flav!), we have a new (to us) car, we've met some great friends recently, and I have a new hard drive ;). In the meantime, I'm looking forward to a weekend filled with the last round of holiday parties, a bluegrass concert at the Symphony, gift wrapping, avoiding the mall at all costs (!), and the general celebration of the fact that I am now.......officially. on. winter. VACATION!!!!!!

Have an amazing weekend! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)