Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Weekending, quickly

I am awash in work this week but wanted to pop by and make some quick notes about my weekend before the details get drowned out by Soc. Theory paper-grading (eek!).

Friday night we watched We're the Millers at home - funny! We were supposed to go to a holiday party but at the last minute decided we couldn't rally the energy, ordered Burger Lounge to-go, slapped on our jammies and lounged on the couch. We've been going non-stop and needed a night in to be together and laugh.  I always feel so guilty when we skip parties but this was the right choice.

Saturday morning I baked, went for brunch and Christmas shopping with my ladies (can you believe Christmas is in a week?!), and then Flavio and I went out to dinner for his birthday. Flavio is birthday shy - he doesn't like the attention - and almost never wants to do anything because December is such a hectic time of year, anyway. But if anyone deserves a celebration it's Flavio, so I surprised him with a mellow evening: dinner at The Smoking Goat (excellent food, shaky service), followed by a night cap, presents, and his favorite chocolate cupcakes. I think it was just right.

Sunday we dog parked and Flav watched football while I finished Afterwards (if you like mystery/thrillers with awesome plot twists, you will love this book!). Later we had friends over for what I hope will become an annual event: Reindeer Games Night. Holiday punch bowl, Christmas tunes, appetizers, pizza, and treats, accompanied by the hilariously horrible Cards Against Humanity. I won! Super fun evening with wonderful/disturbed friends.

I took zero photos this weekend, so I am stealing this one from my friend Michael:
{Reindeer Games Night 2013}

Glad I took a little break to write this rambly post. Soc. theory is dark and heavy. My blog is where I keep it light. More soon. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)