Thursday, December 19, 2013

My favorite winter lunch...

...is soup of course. Soup is like a hug in a bowl, so I put on a quick pot of butternut squash, topped it with a little bacon, wrapped myself in a soft blanket, and Guiri and I cuddled up to watch the drizzle outside.

Today is my favorite kind of day - rain, a twinkling Christmas tree, John Denver & the Muppets' Christmas album on iTunes, plans to bake cookies later, and absolutely nowhere to be. I have grading to do and a house to clean, but I can feel the semester wrapping up (last final tomorrow - whattup!), and am feeling beyond peaceful and happy. It's a magical time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)