Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Valentine's Day always seems to show up right when I need it most. When Christmas is a distant memory and Spring Break is still a long way off.  By February, the short days and long nights are losing their magic. But then...chocolate to the rescue! And nothing says Valentine's Day like chocolate covered strawberries. I'd never made them before today (and my chocolatier's technique definitely needs some work), but I followed this easy recipe and Flavio was impressed - he kept calling them "fancy."  They're rich and decadent, but also healthy and fresh. I bought some long-stemmed strawberries for tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to making another (hopefully prettier but equally euphoric) batch for our special dessert.

{test batch}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)