Monday, November 18, 2013

A quick note on my birthday...

I always feel so different on my birthday, even though I got up early, taught all day, unjammed a photocopier, and went about my Monday as usual - inside, all day, things felt... special.

I usually spend my birthday making a mental list of all the goals I want to accomplish in the coming year but right now I want to quiet my inner planner and freeze time. The future will unfold itself. I love where we are in our lives; I love our teeny, cozy house where I'm greeted daily with puppy and husband kisses. I like that's it's just the three of us, for now. I feel thankful for health and employment and for all the love I have in my life.

So, with you - dear blog reader - as my witness, I am going to use this birthday to make a formal commitment to try to notice and savor all the little details and the big goodness of every day of this thirty-third year... and to be profoundly grateful that I get more time on this adventure called life.

Right now, we just finished a fantastic dinner by Chef Flavio and we're off to enjoy a walk under this auspicious full moon.

xo
{birthday cake at Island Prime}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)