Thursday, April 3, 2014

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie


Baking, I have missed you. Earlier this week I saw bright, beautiful sprigs of rhubarb at the store parked next to neon pink strawberries and baking a pie of the same ingredients sounded like a fun way to welcome spring. I love strawberry rhubarb's puckery-sweet compote and overall, this was an easy pie to throw together on a quiet Thursday afternoon. Here is the recipe I used -- and despite having trouble with the crust, I recommend it. I'd never made strawberry rhubarb before today, and though my pie may not win any beauty contests, it tasted amazing as dessert and will be perfect for breakfast tomorrow.

{ombre rhubarb}
{chopped}
{ready to bake - ignore that I messed up the lattice}
{dessert}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)