Friday, January 9, 2015

Noted on a Friday - Quick Holiday Re-Cap

{NYE 2014}
December and the first part of January ended up being crazier than anticipated. Flavio came down with a cold/flu? over Christmas week, and then I got it over New Year's week and it felt like we were still running around and overcommitted despite our maladies. But, the actual holidays were quiet and nice. For Christmas Eve we went to my mother-in-law's for tamales and Christmas movies, and for NYE, we got Indian takeout, built a fire at home, and snuggled up for our last night of 2014. Although I was under the weather, it was somehow a very memorable and magical NYE.

January, which usually drags, is flying! I've been doing some major cleaning (the nesting instinct is real, people) and have started reading baby and parenting books, thinking seriously about baby names, and generally doing all the prep stuff I had no time to do during the semester. We've also been making it a point to get out and get together with friends before we disappear into babyland, so that's been nice. I haven't had much time for reflection on the previous year as I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the changes that are coming our way quickly, but I'm looking forward to a quieter weekend in, working on some projects around the house, cooking, and generally getting my head on straight. I hope you have a great one. xo
{As the kids say, #nofilter}
{Christmas Eve, 32 weeks}
{While I've previously done cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, I might switch the tradition to this easier and equally delicious overnight French toast}
{Christmas morning, Guiri's gift}
{Rosca de Reyes, delivered by my mother-in-law}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)