Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekending

It was rainy this weekend, so we went for pho on Friday night, snuggled this lady on Saturday morning,
{Rainy day snugglin'}
and made this roast on Sunday.
{Photo not great but roast delicious}

We also went to see 56 Up! at the Ken Cinema. One of my former students and her husband joined us, which was fun! The Up Series follows 14 English schoolchildren since 1964 when they were seven years old. The director checks in on their lives every seven years and with each new episode, we watch them graduate, marry, divorce, lose jobs, have affairs, lose their way, find their way, etc. The director's premise is simple: "Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man." Each episode is beautiful, fascinating and sometimes heartbreaking. As my mom says, "It's a sociologist's dream film." In fact, Roger Ebert called the series, "Brilliant. On my list of the 10 greatest films of all time." I am so invested in these people and 56 Up! did not disappoint. I highly recommend this series (on Netflix streaming.)

All in all, a quiet but nice weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Friday night pho... This should be a special at all Asian joints! I was going to make a joke about the poo-poo platter, but I better not :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)