Friday, December 12, 2014

Noted on a Friday

{this morning's rain, tree}
The end-of-semester + holiday rush is in full swing around here. I've been up to my ears in work and we've had lots of holiday gatherings to attend, including a cookie exchange, two white elephants, and a holiday potluck (!) It's been insane this year.  My work threw a really enjoyable joint 3-mama-to-be baby shower today (there are 3 of us expecting within 2 weeks of each other!) and overall, there's been lots of celebrating, gift giving, shopping, and eating. But, it feels like December is speeding away from me. I would like to lobby to make Thanksgiving one week earlier. It all seems so hurried and I'm wishing for more time for doing activities from our advent calendar, movie watching, warm drink sipping, and leisurely baking. You know, more time to savor the best parts.

I go in to finals next week, and I'm having mixed feelings. Come next Friday, I'll be done teaching...until May! I have always worked, and a part of me is looking forward to spending my days nesting, going to yoga, reading, setting up our nursery, etc., but the other part wonders what I'll do with myself all day. It will definitely be a change of pace. I'm sure I won't be at a loss for things to do when the baby arrives in two months..

It's a rainy Friday, and we're spending tonight in. My favorite chicken soup is bubbling away on the stove and we're planning to light a fire and watch Elf. We have hypnobirthing class and one last holiday party tomorrow and then Sunday is Flav's birthday! He requested a family day with homemade cupcakes, so it will just be us and a couple fun outings. I can't wait. xo


Fun work baby shower cake. I'm definitely hoping for a good baby.

Even though our front porch/yard is a construction zone, Flav still put up the lights. Happy wife, happy life.

 2-week old shower flowers, still going strong.

 Cookies in progress.

Smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you are trying to comment from an iPhone or iPad, there are scripting issues and the comment will not be posted. Please try commenting from another browser or device. Thank you! :)